Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!


It is currently 12:50 AM.... I am sitting in Starbucks, listening to some easy jazz Christmas music, and watching the crazy Black Friday shoppers file in to get their charge of caffeine before the madness ensues.

I feel like I'm about to pass out myself, but I told my roomie, Kelsey, that I'd come keep her company during her overnight shift at Starbucks tonight. There's no way I'm staying up ALL night, but we'll see how far I get.

Thanksgiving was surprisingly very enjoyable this year. I say that because I wasn't expecting it to be, at all (no offense roommates) I just hate missing the tradition laden holidays away from my family, BUT This is was I did...

Kelsey and I woke up around 9:00 am and immediately tuned into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while I began to dish out some scrumptious.....scrumptious....wow....i can't remember the name of the classic breakfast dish I..... FRENCH TOAST.... I was saying french bread over and over in my head and I knew that wasn't right. SO yes, I began to dish out some scrumptious french toast while we sipped coffee in our pj's.

That soon transitioned into baking a pumpkin pie, prepping the turkey, and some Purina Dog Show. The last part didn't last long, so we turned on Swan Princess instead. The next few hours were all about cooking the food. Kelsey was surprisingly very knowledgeable about how to properly cook a turkey, which I was excited to learn! I made the potatoes, heated the green beans, set up our fabulous card table... TIME OUT.... perks of having a friend that works in the coffee shop you frequent: moments like these when she amazingly hands you a glorious chai tea egg nog iced latte (aka cheggnogg)....seriously, the best drink i've ever had here. TIME IN... set up card table, placed dishes on said table and shortly after enjoyed an amazing Thanksgiving dinner! I was seriously proud of the work Kelsey and I did! Jeremy was pleased too.

After that we went to our friend Brandon's mother-in-law's house for ANOTHER dinner which was also amazing, but unnecessary, but STILL fun to hang out and play cards together.
Now I'm here! Welcoming the Christmas season with open arms already with Christmas carols ringing in my ears! (Literally...this song is all ringing bells right now)

Lakeland is going pretty well so far. Not a lot happening yet, but I'm trying to stay busy with my own personal projects I've got going, that could be awesome in the long run. I'm also do a lot of research of film opportunities in the area. Like the Tampa/Orland film commission which posts a lot of job listings and film crew opportunities. So! If I see something that is applicable I will not hesitate to apply! However, I think my chance for grabbing seasonal job is dwindling. Especially since I'm going to be gone 2 of the busiest weeks of the Season since I'm coming home to Tennessee for Christmas! That's right! 17th-2nd I'll be home!!!!! I'm excited :)

I'm taking it as a sign that since I haven't been able to grab a serving/coffee shop job around here, that it's not what I'm supposed to do. If God wants me to just concentrate on my random side projects then that's what I'll do and maybe they'll pay off someday! Or not! :D

No worries folks, Disney is still on the docket! Once you apply for a job with Disney you can't re-apply for 6 months. So I'm going to wait till after Christmas and apply then! More about that later though. For now it's going to be all about the Holidays!

0 comments:



Post a Comment