FIVE, Clockwork, Focus

I just feel so happy right now.


And it's not because of Mumford & Sons currently playing, the brownie I just ate, the good conversation I just had with one of my best friends, the cozy drizzly rain outside, or the FIVE letters I just got from my special someone a few states away.

Nope. I'm just happy! I was happy before all those things just happened, because my God is in control in the good and bad.

That's been a test of mine recently: finding the peace of resting in faith even when schedules begin to pick up, stress is closing in, and things begin to feel like they used to. Peace doesn't have to only happen when schedules are calm. Peace can happen in the busiest and most hectic times in our lives. He's still just as comfortable and calm with what all is going on even if I'm not. Comforting isn't it? God doesn't get flustered when I have a busy schedule. In fact I think it amuses Him to watch me sometimes. I imagine Him watching me run all over the place trying to figure out some complicated gear mechanism LIKE A CLOCK! Yeah! Say I'm inside Big Ben trying to make all the gears turn by pulling on one for a bit, running to another gear, pulling some more, struggling and struggling to make it work, which yeah it might MOVE but it's not working.... Then God stops me... like a cartoon when the giant stops the little man from running by putting his finger on top of his head but the little cartoon man is still running in place before he realizes he's stopped? (welcome to my mind....that's what I picture) So yeah, God stops me from trying to make all the gears work... then ever so gently he taps the pendulum and it sets everything into motion. And I watch, and see how everything is in a certain place for a certain reason, and they all fit together, ticking and turning..... LIKE CLOCKWORK! haha :)
So don't focus too hard on each gear. Some are a shiny, pretty brass. Then some are big, dirty, and greasy... but they still all work together.

Well... I've got some letters to respond to ;)

1 comments:



Unknown said...

i love you! and i miss you! glad you're a happy little one :)

Post a Comment